Mathematics & Statistics
These are miscellaneous sites not owned nor subscribed to by the University of Calgary Library.
- Google Scholar
Provides access to scholarly sources.
A "computational knowledge engine."
- Digital Mathematics Registry
"...centralized access to digital publications in the mathematical sciences. The registry is primarily focused on older material from journals and journal-like book series that originally appeared in print but now is available in digital form. . ... This registry is maintained as a public service by the AMS through Mathematical Reviews."
- Probability Web
A collection of probability sites and sources on the Web, including an abstract database, book lists, conferences, jobs, journals, newsgroups, and teaching resources. Maintained by a Mathematics and Computer Science Department faculty member at Carleton College.
- Science.gov - "a gateway to over 50 million pages of authoritative selected science information provided by U.S. government agencies, including research and development results."
- Intute: science, engineering & technology (not updated past Jul 2011)
"... a free online service providing you with access to the very best Web resources for education and research, evaluated and selected by a network of subject specialists." This site covers mathematics.
- MAA Mathematical Sciences Digital Library (Mathematical Association of America)
"an online resource published by the Mathematical Association of America. The site provides online resources for both teachers and students of mathematics."
- S.O.S. MATHematics
"...free resource for math review material from Algebra to Differential Equations!
The perfect study site for high school, college students and adult learners. Get help to do your homework, refresh your memory, prepare for a test, ....
Browse our more than 2,500 Math pages filled with short and easy-to-understand explanations."
- NPArC - NRC's searchable online "archive." "NPArC is a searchable online repository containing thousands of NRC-authored publication citations. Use NPArC to link to publications of interest and to set up alerts."
- National Science Digital Library - "the Nation's [U.S.] online library for education and research in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics."
A "portable command-line driven interactive data and function plotting utility for UNIX, IBM OS/2, MS Windows, DOS, Macintosh, VMS, Atari and many other platforms... to allow scientists and students to visualize mathematical functions and data. ... Gnuplot supports many types of plots in either 2D and 3D. It can draw using lines, points, boxes, contours, vector fields, surfaces, and various associated text. It also supports various specialized plot types. "
- GRG Golden Oldies
"...Republications in English of important old papers in General Relativity"
- MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
- Mathematical Imagery from the American Mathematical Society (AMS)
Recreational Mathematics Resource Guide - University of Calgary's Special Collections guide to recreational mathematics.
- Sense About Science - "Promoting good science and evidence for the public." This site helps the public understand science, and tries to clear misconceptions about science. Their "recent and current priorities include alternative medicine, MRI, detox, nuclear power, evidence in public health advice, weather patterns and an educational resource on peer review."
- Last Updated: Jan 15, 2018 5:18 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/math
- Print Page