This is a guide to research resources for east and south Asian studies.
Book Reviews - General Resources
Book Review Digest
Call Number: Z1219 .B6 | Location
- covers 1905 to the present
- provides short excerpts of book reviews
Book Review Index
Call Number: Z1035 .A1 B64 | Location
- covers 1965 to the present
- provides citations only
Combined retrospective index to book reviews in humanities journals, 1802 - 1974
Call Number: Z1035 .A1 C62 | Location
Research Databases that include book review
America: History and Life - covers the world's scholarly literature on the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistoric times to the present. Hint: Use Advanced Search. Enter "book review" in the "document type" field to limit results to book reviews
- ATLA Religion Database - major index to books and articles on religious studies. Hint: Choose keyword search; enter "reviews" and combine it with keywords from the title example: "reviews and Beyond phenomenology"
- Canadian Periodical Index - good source if book was published Canada. Hint: Choose keyword search; enter "book reviews" and combine it with keywords from the title example: "book reviews and flowering of the soul"
- CBCA (Canadian Business and Current Affairs) - good source if book was published in Canada Hint: add search term "book reviews" and change the drop down box to "subject"
- JSTOR -use advanced feature; then limit to "review"
- Project Muse - search for the book title, then modify search and search for "review" in title
- Periodicals Archive Online - international index to thousands of periodicals in the humanities and social sciences. Coverage is from the first issues(back to the 1700's) to 1990/1991. Hint: Select "Article Search"and limit "Search In" to book reviews
- Web of Science - indexes more than 1,300 of the world's leading arts and humanities journals. Hint : Go to Advanced Search and select document type "Book Review"
- Last Updated: Nov 7, 2017 6:37 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/asian
- Print Page