Skip to main content
Multi-Library Union Catalogues
- TAL Online - union catalogue of holdings of Alberta librarires. Can limit search to libraries in Calgary, academic libraries in Alberta etc.
- The European Library - access to the catalogs and collections of the national libraries of European nations.
- University of Karlsruhe, Union Catalog Search - searches the union catalogs of universities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and other European nations.
- WorldCat - union catalog of millions of records from the catalogs of libraries primarily in the US and Canada but also libraries worldwide. WorldCat is useful for determining whether other libraries hold the work you are looking for. You can then obtain the item(s) through
- Centre for Research Libraries - " The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is a consortium of North American universities, colleges and independent research libraries. The consortium acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents, archives and other traditional and digital resources for research and teaching. These resources are then made available to member institutions cooperatively, through interlibrary loan and electronic delivery."