Interdisciplinary guide to key educational video resources
Video (Web): Interdisciplinary
- This site presents brief newsreel footage of famous people and events as filmed by British Movietone.
- Covers selected events 1895-1986 including Beatlemania, the Prince Charles and Lady Diana wedding, and more.
- Advanced video search
- videos of documentaries, all by Canadian filmmakers
- Thousands of digital copies of archival movies, films, and videos for downloading or streaming, ranging from classic full-length movies, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to user-uploaded videos of every genre
MIT's Channel on YouTube
- FREE online educational courses
- Online NFB films are FREE for personal use.
- "FedFlix is a joint venture with the National Technical Information Service (NTIS) in cooperation with other government agencies including the National Archives.
- American government videotapes on Internet Archive, YouTube, and Public Resource public domain stock footage video library
TeacherTube: American educational resources
- For filmmakers and video creators to share content on any subject
YouTube: educational uses: view work of others' or create your own
Video (Web): Health Sciences
- Online collection of moving images on 20th-century healthcare and medicine.
- Over 450 titles - 100 hours of historical film and video - have been transferred and are freely available under Creative Commons licences.
- About the project: library.wellcome.ac.uk/wellcomefilm.htm
Video (Web): Humanities/Social Sci.
- A digital archive of ethnographic field video for use by scholars and instructors
- Documentary films on American folk life including arts, crafts, costume, dance, drama, music and more
- Watch 2000+ films in 41 languages from around the world in Digitizing the Inuit and Aboriginal Media Archives (DIAMA)
- Includes some teaching resources
- Search all videos
- An extensive guide to web resources
- The Stephen Spielberg Jewish Film Archive is the largest collection of Jewish documentary films in the world. The archive stores over 18,000 titles from different periods of history, from the time of the Ottoman Empire to this day. The archive contains titles in almost every visual format; this includes film, different types of video and digital files. Use of archive requires a fee. Films are freely avialable.
Video (Web): Performing Arts
- Provides links to transcripts of interviews and video excerpts from selected American comedians.
- "has over 10,000 films on its online platform, including independent films, classics, animations, documentaries, and much more"
- "All 56 of the Thanhouser silent films produced by the Thanhouser film enterprise based in New Rochelle, New York between 1910 and 1917 currently distributed on DVD are now available for online viewing at no charge.
Video (Web): Science
Video (Web): Visual Arts
- Provides access to video art content in high quality format from a variety of sources and perspectives - on topics from film, fashion and furniture to conservation and painting with significant contemporary art content
- Participating museums/organizations include: The J. Paul Getty Museum, Indianapolis Museum of Art, LACMA, SFMOMA, Guggenheim, MOMA, Art Institute of Chicago, Smithsonian American Art Museum, art:21...
Building + Design Movies from www.designguide.com
New Media Encyclopedia (Art)
- Artists & Works tab for:
- Entries for ~160 artists (including Vito Acconci, Nam June Paik and Pipilotti Rist)
- Last Updated: Nov 24, 2017 10:34 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/video
- Print Page