Canadian Studies Library Resources
- Our Roots/ Nos Racines - Check the collection to find Canadian local histories in French and English.
- Our Future Our Past - Predominantly Southern Alberta content regarding: Folklore, historical air photos and maps, educational modules, medical history, Stampede history, art, local histories by community, municipal bylaws
- Early Canadiana Online - A full text online collection of more than 3,000 books and pamphlets documenting Canadian history from the first European contact to the late 19th century.
- Peel's Prairie Provinces - From the earliest days of exploration in the prairies, this collection includes a vast range of material dealing with every aspect of the settlement and development of the Canadian West.
- Library and Archives Canada - Canada's national collection of books, historical documents, government records, photos, films, maps, music...and more.
- Archives Canada - Archives Canada is gateway to archival resources found in over 800 repositories across Canada.
- Canadian Encyclopedia - more than 35,000 in English and French on all aspects of Canadian history and culture.
- Canadiana.org - Canadiana.org works to preserve Canada's documentary history and make it accessible online. We identify, catalogue, and digitize documentary heritage—books, newspapers, periodicals, images and nationally-significant archival materials—in specialized searchable databases.
Parliament of Canada
Parliamentary debates online
There are 2 places to look for this. One is for the historical debates up to the 1st session of the 35th Parliament (January 17, 1994 to February 2, 1996. This may be found at: http://parl.canadiana.ca/. The other, which carries the information forward to the present time is at: http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E. In both cases, you need decide if you want the debates of the House of Commons or the Senate and you need to decide which session of Parliament you want to search. It's a bit awkward but eventually you get used to searching it.
For a full description of Canadian Parliamentary Publications please see GOVINFO: Canadian Parliamentary Publications
Federal, Provincial and Territorial Government Information
Federal Government Department and Agency Websites
Alberta Legislative Assembly
Legislation and Court Cases
Statistics from Statistics Canada and other Sources
Diaries, personal narratives, letters and private correspondence
Additional Library Information on Primary Resources
- Last Updated: Feb 13, 2018 1:13 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/canadianstudies
- Print Page