Education - Design Thinking
Today we aim to:
give you a better understanding of the design thinking process
to provide an opportunity for students to work through the design thinking process using a task based on the story of the Three Little Pigs (have a real life experience/example of Design Thinking)
learn the vocabulary associated with design thinking
- Three Little Pigs have built houses to protect themselves from a Big Bad Wolf. Look at the issues that plague the Pigs. Can you design a solution in light of the current situation that may give the pigs some peace of mind?
- Big Bad Wolf is awake, hungry and looking for a meal. The Three Little Pigs have built houses to live in nearby. Can you design a solution that would satisfy the needs of the Wolf?
The Three Little Pigs
1. Mom sends the three little pigs out to make their fortune.
2. The first little pig builds his house out of straw.
3. The wolf blows it down.
4. The second little pig builds his house out of sticks.
5. The wolf blows it down.
6. The third little pig build his house out of bricks.
7. The wolf cannot blow the house down.
8. The wolf tries to trick the pig out of the house to go various places.
9. The pig outwits the wolf.
10. The pig places a cauldron of boiling water on the fire at the bottom of his chimney.
11. The wolf falls into the boiling water when he tries to get into the house through the chimney.
Three phrases you may want to use in your pitch:
"Little pig, little pig, let me come in."
"Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin."
"Then I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down."
Questions for Feedback and Testing
Please consider the following questions that will provide Paula and Tammy pertinent information about this workshop (prototype):
- Have we achieved our objectives? Eg. Do you feel you have a better understanding of the design thinking process?
- Is there one particular element you feel was particularly strong? Particularly weak?
Anything else you'd like us to know regarding this workshop?
- Last Updated: Jan 12, 2018 8:09 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/c.php?g=444867
- Print Page