This guide contains writing resources and information for students.
Academic writing refers to the style of expression used to write for academic purposes, and includes essays, literature reviews, and reports. It often contains:
- A thesis or guiding hypothesis
- Clear writing style
- Organized structure, with clear introductions and conclusions
- Well-supported writing using citations and references
If in doubt about your assignment, the best place to ask first is your TA, instructor or professor.
The Library and the Student Success Centre have many resources to help you with your writing. The handouts below will help you get started.
- Last Updated: Jan 22, 2018 10:11 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/writinghelp
- Print Page