Starting your research
Summon is the main search box on the Library Home Page. It is your main tool for searching for both journal articles and for books that the Library owns.
For example to find information on the status of women in Canada enter Status Women Canada in the search box.. Depending upon your search results, you will see a column of articles and book chapters, a column of books and media as well as Encyclopedias and dictionaries with Credo Reference
Clicking on a result will in the case of a journal article give you full text or in some cases tell you where to get your hands on a print copy.
Clicking on a book result will tell you location. If you don't have time to pick up the book, you can place a hold so that library staff will retrieve the book and have it waiting for you in your preferred library branch.
To see all results click on Continue search :Summon and then continue in Summon to filter and narrow your results.
To find databases that include Women's Studies go to the Subject Guides tab on the main home page and use the dropdown arrow at All Subjects and click on Women's studies.
Continuing your research - other resources
Google Scholar, July 13 2017
We have had reports that Google Scholar is no longer displaying the "FindIt @ U of Calgary" links when accessed from off-campus. It appears that Google is now requiring a Google Account to select a preferred library when not on campus.
To select University of Calgary as a preferred library:
- If you already have an account with Google, click "Sign In" at the top right of the screen, and log in on the next screen.
- If you do not have an account with Google, create a free one at the top right of the screen.Click "Sign In" at the trop right of the screen, and then create a free account using the link directly above the log-in box, and then "Sign In" as above. Note: This does not require that you have a Gmail email account.
- Once you are logged in, click on "Settings" at the top right corner. If this is not shown as an option, click on the "gear" icon at the top right corner for Options.
- Click on "Library Links" on the left side of the page. If "FindIt @ U of Calgary" is not listed as an option, type Calgary into the box and search for the university. Once it has been located through the search, click the checkbox for "FindIt @ U of Calgary" and any other libraries you wish to designate (up to a maximum of 5).
- When you are done making these and any other changes to your "Scholar Settings", click the "Save" button at the bottom right corner.
- Last Updated: Nov 21, 2017 3:43 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/womensstudies
- Print Page