We have selected slide sets in binders in the VP Arts "reading" room - which circulate in the same manner as books.
We also have a selection of 20th/21st century slides of mainly Canadian, US and British Isles artists; the following procedures apply.
Slides may be borrowed by instructors for teaching and by students for student projects.
Slides borrowed from Visual & Performing Arts are to be returned to Visual & Performing Arts.
- Term loan; three terms per year with return/renewal dates: Dec. 22, April 30, and Aug. 30.
- Three-day loan period with the possibility of placing a hold on required slides one week prior.
Instructors at other Calgary post-secondary educational institutions with a reciprocal borrowing card:
- May borrow non-restricted slides for a two-week loan period.
WHEN BROWSING AND SIGNING OUT SLIDES:
- Please place a colored "place card" in place of each slide removed from the drawers. "Place cards" are
located on top of the slide cabinets.
- Ask VPArts desk staff about photocopying slides to be borrowed - with the label side down.
- Include your name, the date, and your contact information on the loan record.
- Submit loan records to the VP Arts desk.
- Cost for lost or damaged slides (to be replaced as a digital image): $10/image
- Lost or damaged slide carrousel: up to $25