NURS285 - Fall 2019
Library Support for Nursing
The following Nursing Libguide is intended to help students find information to support research and learning in Nursing. Knowing how to effectively and efficiently find quality information is not only relevant to academic purposes (i.e. assignments and research papers). It is also essential for clinical practice.
The Alberta Association of Registered Nurses, Practice Standards for Regulated Members (2013, pg 9) document suggests that:
The nurse continually acquires and applies knowledge and skills to provide competent, evidence-informed nursing care and service.
supports decisions with evidence-based rationale.
uses appropriate information and resources that enhance client care and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
uses critical inquiry in collecting and interpreting data, planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of their nursing practice
Top 5 Things You Need to Know
- Your Campus Unicard is your library card and your printing card.
- You can access online resources (journals, e-books, databases) anywhere you have an Internet connection.
- Start early -- research takes considerable time, much more time than usually anticipated.
- Use the Nursing Libguides to find resources directly relevant to your coursework.
- Chat with your librarian -- Dr. Alix Hayden -- she's here to help you succeed with your library research.
- Last Updated: Sep 9, 2019 10:51 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/NURS285
- Print Page