Folkstreams.net - Documentary films of American folk life.
Internet Archive contains digital movies uploaded by Archive users which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to cartoons and concerts. Many of these videos are available for free download.
Open culture free movies online:Watch 1,150 movies free online. Includes classics, indies, film noir, documentaries and other films, created by some of our greatest actors, actresses and directors. The collection is divided into the following categories: Comedy & Drama; Film Noir, Horror & Hitchcock; Westerns (many with John Wayne); Martial Arts Movies; Silent Films; Documentaries, and Animation. We also have special collections of Oscar Winning Movies and Films by Andrei Tarkovsky and Charlie Chaplin.
HiBrow is a website devoted to streaming videos of the arts.
NFB - National Film Board of Canada
The Steven Spielberg Jewish Film Archive - More than 300 films available for Internet viewing
Curio.ca streaming access to CBC educational video and audio, iincluding documentaries, news, drama and children's programming
Open access journals
· Scope Scope is a fully peer-reviewed online journal edited by staff and students in the Institute of Film & Television Studies at the University of Nottingham
· Jump Cut : a review of contemporary media. Looking at media in its social and political context since 1974. Analyzing media in relation to class, race, and gender.
· Millennium Film Journal Since 1978 the Millennium Film Journal has published articles about independent, experimental, and avant-garde cinema, video, and works using digital technologies.
· Movie: A Journal of Film Criticism A refereed open access publication whose aim is to create a forum for the range of analysis, debate and discussion that only a journal devoted to a detailed film criticism can adequately provide.
· Reverse Shot A publication of the Museum of the Moving Image.
· Lan-Tern The search and visualization platform for nearly 2 million pages of digitized books and magazines from the histories of film, broadcasting, and recorded sound. An open access co-production of the Media History Digital Library and the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Communication Arts
Movie reviews on the web
Bright lights film journal movie fan site
- Last Updated: Dec 19, 2017 11:55 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/filmstudies
- Print Page