Basic Catalogue Search
- v.2, chapter 1 contains substantial information dealing with the Holocaust
- majority of the entries are in English; annotated
- chapters on the Holocaust covers resistance, survival literature, debate on the Jewish Councils, the problem of the relationship between literature and atrocity
Antisemitic propaganda: an annotated bibliography and research guide / Robert Singerman. New York: Garland, 1982. DS141 .S54 1982
- brief annotations for books and articles
Antisemitism: an annotated bibliography / Susan Sarah Cohen. New York: Garland, 1987.
DS145 .A56 1987
- annotated bibliography of books and articles
- extensive references to the Holocaust
Bearing witness: a resource guide to literature, poetry, art, music, and videos by Holocaust victims and survivors / Philip Rosen. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 2002. D804.3 .R67 2002
- this resource guide will help readers locate over 800 first-person accounts
- Also available Online (U of C Only)
Bibliography on Holocaust literature / by Abraham J. Edelheit. Boulder, Colo.: Westview Press, 1986. D810 .J4 E33 1986
- contains 9,014 entries for English-language books, periodicals and pamphlets
Bibliography on Holocaust literature: supplement / Abraham J. Edelheit. Boulder, Colo.: Westview Press, 1990. D810 .J4 E33 1990
- contains additional English-language material, arranged by periods
European war crimes trials: a bibliography / Inge S. Neumann. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1978, c1951. JX5433 .N37 1951
- critical annotations in classified arrangement to about 500 books published in English in the U.S.
- first edition published in 1977
The Holocaust: an annotated bibliography. Montreal: The National Holocaust Remembrance Committee, Canadian Jewish Congress, 1980. D810 .J4 H6 1980
D810 .J4 H63 1985
- annotates both primary and secondary print sources
- identifies audiovisual material, music, exhibits, memorials and landmarks
The Holocaust and its religious impact: a critical assessment and annotated bibliography/Jack Fischel. Westport, Conn. : Praeger, 2004. D804.3 .F583 2004
The Holocaust in literature for youth: a guide and resource book / Edward T. Sullivan. Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, 1999. D804.3 .S85 1999
Holocaust studies: a directory and bibliography of bibliographies / Martin Howard Sable. Greenwood, Fla.: Penkevill, 1987. D804.3 .S22 1987
- listing with addresses of relevant organizations, associations, information and research units, etc.
The Hungarian Jewish catastrophe: a selected and annotated bibliography / Randolph L. Braham. 2nd ed., rev. and enl. New York: Columbia University, 1984.
DS135 .H9 B723 1984
- about 2500 entries in many languages, classified arrangement
The Jews in Poland and Russia: bibliographical essays / Gershon David Hundert. Bloomington, Ind.: Indiana University Press, 1984. DS135 .P6 H84 1983
- bibliographical essays with bibliographies of books, articles
The Nazi era, 1919-1945: a select bibliography of published works from the early roots to 1980 / Helen Kehr. London: Mansell, 1982. DD253 .K43 1982
- selective, classified bibliography of about 6,500 books
The Oryx Holocaust sourcebook / William R. Fernekes. Westport, Ct.: Oryx Press, 2002. 397 p. D804.3 .F47 2002
- includes books, audio-visual resources, films, primary sources, Internet sites.
DD256.5 .W52 1960
- topical arrangement of citations to more than 4,700 books, pamphlets, documents and a few periodical articles
The Psychological and medical effects of concentration camps and related persecutions on survivors of the Holocaust: a research bibliography/ by Leo Eitinger. Vancouver: University of British Columbia press, 1985. D810 .J4 E57 1985
- unannotated listing of about 1600 books and articles published to 1984, indexed by broad subject
- Also available online (U of C only)
The Secret wars: a guide to sources in English / Myron J. Smith. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio, 1980. 3 v.
UB250 .S55 1980
- more than 9,000 books, papers, periodical articles, government documents, dissertations
- annotated list of books and articles
- anti-semitism and the Holocaust is well-covered
The Third Reich at war: historical bibliography. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio, 1984. DD256.5 .T34 1984
- this bibliography was compiled from the database Historical Abstracts
- Chapter 7 is an annotated list of articles dealing with the Holocaust
Twentieth-century literary criticism. Detroit: Gale Research, 1978. PN771 .A1 T93
- "Holocaust Literature" is covered in v.42, at some length.
- an extensive overview of Holocaust denial literature will be found in v.58.
Uncertain judgement: a bibliography of war crimes trials / John Rodney Lewis. Santa Barbara, Calif.: ABC-Clio, c1979. JX5433 .L48 1979
- focus is on the judicial proceedings
- 3,300 unannotated entries
Wartime Poland, 1939-1945: a select annotated bibliography of books in English / Walter Okonski. Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1997. D765 .O38 1997
- annotated list of English-language books, book chapters and government documents
- good coverage of the Holocaust
World War II in Europe, Africa, and the Americas, with general sources: a handbook of literature and research / edited by Loyd E. Lee; foreword by Mark A. Stoler; Robin Higham, advisory editor.. Wesport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1997. D743.42 .W67 1997
- chapter 20 deals with the Holocaust
- textual information and a bibliography
- Also Available Online (U of C only)
- Last Updated: Nov 7, 2017 5:34 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/holocaust
- Print Page