Primary Resources: Philosophy
- Encompasses the largest collection of full-text electronic editions in philosophy in the world. Provides full text access and cross text searching to definitive editions of classic works. Includes the works of Descartes, Boyle, Locke, Leibniz, Hume, Kant and Berkeley.
Early English Books (EEBO)
- over 125,000 titles listed in Pollard and Redgrave's Short-Title Catalogue (1475-1640), Wing's Short-Title Catalogue (1641-1700), the Thomason Tracts (1640-1661), and the Early English Tract Supplement - all in full digital facsimile from the Early English Books microfilm collection.
Eighteenth Century Collections Online
- every significant English-language and foreign-language title printed in the United Kingdom, along with thousands of important works from the Americas, between 1701 and 1800. Consists of books, pamphlets, broadsides, ephemera. When completed, the full collection will include nearly 150,000 titles and more than 33,000,000 pages of searchable material.
Literature Online - A fully searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, 123 full-text literature journals, and other key criticism and reference resources. Includes works by and about various philosophers including 18th century philosophers from the 18th century such as David Hume and a number of authors from the 17th centuries.
Digital Text collections held by Libraries such as Benthan manuscripts at University College London.
See also PhilSource - collection of primary texts - include Presocratic writings, Socrates, Descartes, Spinoza, Kant, Nietzsche, Leibnitz, Vico, Wittgenstein etc.
- Last Updated: Jul 12, 2018 1:35 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/phil
- Print Page