Photocopy & Loans
• Unless otherwise specified, students may keep photocopied material.
• Material available on microfiche will be copied to microfiche and sent to the student.
• Photocopying will only be done in compliance with copyright law.
• Undergraduate students: loan period of three weeks to cover the time taken to deliver materials, read them and return them.
• Let us know if you have problems receiving material, so that we can adjust your loan period to allow you more time to use your material.
• Graduate students and instructors: term loan with all material due on January 15, May 15 or September 15, depending upon the term.
• You can renew materials checked out from the U of C collection online.
• Checked out material can be renewed an indefinite number of times as long as no one else places a hold on the material.
• Holds will be placed on checked-out material requested by students.
• Unless otherwise specified, material acquired via interlibrary loan will be signed out to the student for a ten day period.
• Students are expected to ensure loaned items are returned to the University Library by the due date.
• A replacement and processing fee will be charged for unreturned loaned material (books).
• Please refer to the University's policy on Circulation Fines for additional information.
The UofC For You
Here are link to the U of C programs at Red Deer.
You are welcome to visit the University of Calgary campus. Before you make the trip, you may want to check to make sure that you cannot access what you need from home. A series of arrangements have been made to help you access library resources in Red Deer. You can use the Red Deer College Library; special arrangements have been made to expedite the shipping of material between the University of Calgary Library and the Red Deer College Library; and with your University of Calgary ID Card you can access many of our databases over the Internet.
If you decide to come, use the campus map to locate the main library (Taylor Family Digital Library) and various branch libraries on campus. Please consult the library hours web page, to make sure that we will be open when you are planning to visit.
Charges for services
If you are enrolled in a distance program, there are no additional charges for you to use Library Connection Services. The University Library will cover the mailing costs of delivering photocopies and loaned materials. Library Connection provides postage paid mailing labels for the return of loaned materials to the University Library.
A replacement and processing fee will be charged for unreturned loaned material (books). These fees are usually quite high to cover the cost of reordering and reprocessing lost materials. Students may expect fees over $100, so please do return materials in a timely fashion. Students are responsible for items from the time they are received until they arrive in the Library Connection office; we're responsible if you don't ever receive a book, but you're responsible if we don't get it back; Canada Post will not be held responsible.
Service is limited to people enrolled in the following distance programs. If you believe you deserve an exception, plead your case:
- Campus Alberta Applied Psychology (CAAP)
- Graduate Division of Educational Research (GDER)
- Social Work Access Division
- Post Diploma Bachelor of Nursing
- Community Rehabilitation and Disability Studies (CRDS)
- U of C at Red Deer College - As University of Calgary at Red Deer College students, you will primarily use the Red Deer College Library. If you need items from another library, including the University of Calgary collection, you must make your request from the Red Deer College Library.
Contact the Library if you have questions regarding remote access to Library Research Databases; how to obtain a campus card; or reference questions. Whenever contacting someone from the University of Calgary Library, please identify yourself as a University of Calgary at Red Deer student.
For more in depth reference questions, feel free to contact the appropriate University of Calgary subject Librarian for your discipline.
- Last Updated: Oct 14, 2020 12:29 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/distanced
- Print Page