Interdisciplinary guide to key educational video resources
Selected Visual Arts Video Vendors
- Aims to present and archive contemporary art for educational, experimental, documentary and archival purposes, and makes use of the multimedia capabilities of CD-ROM, DVD, and DVD-ROM formats to expand and enhance the experience of contemporary art.
- Consultants and suppliers of films and books for Arts Education, including for Architecture, Communication & Culture, Dance, Design, Digital Media, Fashion & Jewellery, Gastronomy, Healing Arts, Language & Literature, Media, Music, Nature, Performance Art, Photography, Theatre, Visual Art, e-Books, and Masks.
- Founded in 1966, artists collaborate with engineers to use new technology in their projects
- To browse through the inventory of E.A.T. archives, see "Experiments in Art and Technology Records, 1966-1993" , The Getty, Los Angeles, Getty Research Institute, 1996
- Partnered with Design Studio Press in the production of Analog training DVDs in the film, video game and industrial design fields (entertainment design).
- Publishes a range of films about the arts on DVD and video.
- Publishing list includes the EYE, an acclaimed series of interview-based profiles of prominent contemporary artists in Britain, including Antony Gormley, Tracey Emin and Anish Kapoor.
- Documentaries are also produced alongside major exhibitions and collections, such as AZTECS, Turner and Venice and Constable at Tate and Islamic Art at the V&A.
- Some programmes originally made for television are now released for purchase on DVD, including the RSC's Macbeth, Chris Petit and Iain Sinclair's London Orbital and the landmark 1980s 6-part series, State of the Art.
- Founded in 1976 at the inception of the media arts movement, the VDB Collections include early video art, independent video and artist interviews with over 1500 video art titles, descriptions, artist biographies, images and QuickTime clips.
- Last Updated: Aug 13, 2021 5:07 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/video
- Print Page