BUSN - Library Information for Business Faculty/PhD
Visiting Scholars & Postdoctoral Students
Visiting Professors and Guest Postdoctoral Researchers
Visiting professors and Guest postdoctoral researchers qualify for full library privileges. To access these services, they must be set up in the Human Resources PeopleSoft system as General Associates.
The following steps must occur in order for a visitor to obtain library privileges:
- The Reports-to-Manager contacts HR Services to initiate the creation of a new General Associate relationship.
- HR processes the request and informs the Reports-to-Manager when the visitor is set up in the PeopleSoft system
- Visitor gets a UniCard (ID card) from Unicard Office in Dining Centre 18.
- Visitor goes to a U of C library with their UniCard to check if they are in the library system. If not, library personnel can set the visitor up with temporary access
Library privileges include:
Unlimited book checkouts and renewals for the term unless there is a recall on the item, interlibrary loans, and access to reserve materials
Click here for information on off-campus access to electronic databases.
Access to Trading and Finance lab (SH 3rd floor):
Review the access policy and fill in the form for Trading Lab access.
Lab access may be granted to scholars requiring finance-specific databases such as Bloomberg and Capital IQ. Requests for lab access are reviewed by Haskayne’s Finance Area (SH149)
- Last Updated: Jun 11, 2018 2:12 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/Business_Faculty
- Print Page