BUSN - Library Information for Business Faculty/PhD
Advanced Financial Databases
These databases are available on dedicated stations in the Business Library or Finance Trading Lab or via the Thomson ONE database.
Datastream (Thomson Reuters)
- provides historical (20 years) and current data for international equities, indices, bonds, economic series, derivatives, commodities and corporate statistics.
- excellent charting capability
- accessed through MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word and available on station #13 (Reuters station) in the Business Library
Deals & League Tables (Thomson Reuters)
- provides historical (up to 30 years) global M&A transactions, debt capital markets, equity capital markets
- includes M&A data from SDC Platinum
- access through Thomson ONE database.
EIKON (Thomson Reuters)
- provides real-time market data, news, ownership data and analysis tools covering public corporations and all types of investment vehicles.
- Excel add-in permits dynamic data updating
- available on station #13 in the Business Library and in the Trading Lab
Private Equity (Thomson Reuters)
- formerly Venture Xpert
- information on buyout and venture firms and their funds, executives, private equity backed companies, and limited partners dating back to 1969. Search venture and buyout-backed companies by industry, location, round size, round date, business description and keywords.
- coverage: the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- access through Thomson ONE database
WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services) is a collection of financial, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing, and public policy databases accessible through a single Web-based interface. WRDS hosts the numeric data sets used frequently by academic researchers. Although database subscriptions within WRDS change frequently, common ones include Compustat and CRSP.
Haskayne PhD students and faculty may request a WRDS account for remote access and storage on a remote server.
- Last Updated: Nov 9, 2018 2:37 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/Business_Faculty
- Print Page