The archaeology collection at the University of Calgary supports the teaching and research needs of the B.A. and M.A.and PhD programs at the University of Calgary. It also supports research requirements from many related disciplines.
Use the Library Search Box to locate archaeology books both print and digital.
Other good sources for locating digital books include:
ProQuest E-Book Central - over 30,000 digital books on all topics
eHRAF Archaeology - thousands of full-text documents organized by culture and subject
eHRAF World Cultures - "a cross-cultural database that contains information on all aspects of cultural and social life. The annually-growing eHRAF database is unique in that the information is organized into cultures and ethnic groups and the full-text sources are subject-indexed at the paragraph level. "
UCPress e-book collection: collection includes almost 2000 books from academic presses on a range of topics, including art, science, history, music, religion, and fiction.
SpringerLink - hundreds of digital books on archaeology
Other Library Catalogues
- The European Library - access to the catalogs and collections of the national libraries of European nations.
- University of Karlsruhe, Union Catalog Search - searches the union catalogs of universities in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and other European nations.
- WorldCat - union catalog of millions of records from the catalogs of libraries primarily in the US and Canada but also libraries worldwide. WorldCat is useful for determining whether other libraries hold the work you are looking for. You can then obtain the item(s) through
- Centre for Research Libraries - " The Center for Research Libraries (CRL) is a consortium of North American universities, colleges and independent research libraries. The consortium acquires and preserves newspapers, journals, documents, archives and other traditional and digital resources for research and teaching. These resources are then made available to member institutions cooperatively, through interlibrary loan and electronic delivery."
NOTE: Use Interlibrary services to bring in books we do not have in the U of C collection Please be aware that this can take a number of weeks.
- Last Updated: May 9, 2018 1:46 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/archaeology
- Print Page