What's on this Page?
Find a specific article
Article Citation Linker - Enter the citation information that you have
Key Databases & Search Engines
To access Databases and other Library sponsored Search Engines from off-campus you will need to use either your ONEcard Number/PIN or your U of C IT Username/ Password to authenticate or login. (Select--> ID/PIN Numbers --> Authentication Screen )
- PubMed - Includes 21 million journal references from MEDLINE in the health and life sciences. Part of the National Library of Medicine's National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Coverage from the 1950's to present.
- Scopus - Includes coverage of over 18,000 peer-reviewed journals in science and technology as well 100% coverage of Medline.
- Web of Science (formerly Science Citations Index) - Covers over 12,000 journals and 120,000 conference proceedings across the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- SciFinder - Journal and patent literature for chemistry and related disciplines, including substance data (REGISTRY), chemical reactions (CASREACT), chemical regulatory data (CHEMLIST), and chemical suppliers (CHEMCATS).
- Journal Citation Reports - A resource for journal evaluation, using citation data drawn from over 8,400 scholarly and technical journals. It is a source of citation data at the journal level.
- Compendex - Includes 12 million records from over 6500 journals in engineering. Coverage from 1970 with a backfile starting in 1884.
- ABI-INFORM - Covers Companies, Industries and Products
- Business Source Complete (EBSCO) Comprehensive Business and Companies search engine
- Google Scholar - Google Scholar provides quick and easy access to scholarly and peer-reviewed literature.
PubMed/Entrez (Connects you to the PubMed/Entrez database)
PubMed is a Web-based retrieval system developed by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) at the National Library of Medicine. It is part of NCBI's vast retrieval system, known as Entrez. PubMed indexes over 4500 biomedical journals. Coverage is from 1966 to the present and is updated daily.
Select Publication Dates, Article Types and Languages to refine your search.
Print & Historical Indexes
- Last Updated: Feb 1, 2018 2:09 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/nans
- Print Page