BUSN - Writing and Presenting
Peer-reviewed and scholarly journals are related but not identical. Not all scholarly journals go through the peer-review process.
Intent: Scholarly journals contribute to the progress and extent of knowk,edge in a discipline. They report on original research or experimentation in order to make such information available to the rest of the scholarly world.
- Scholarly journals contain articles written by, and addressed to, experts in a discipline, including scholars, researchers, and academics.
- They are concerned with academic study, especially research, and demonstrate the methods and concerns of scholars.
- Articles are long, include graphs, charts and tables and the language is technical and discipline-specific
- Scholarly journals always rigorously cite their sources in the form of footnotes or bibliographies. Many scholarly journals are published by professional organizations. (Robert E. Kennedy Library, California Polytechnic State University. http://lib.calpoly.edu/research/guides/peer.html)
Canadian Tax Journal
Journal of Staff Development
International Journal of Energy, Environment and Economics
- Peer review is the process by which colleagues critically appraise each other's work in order to ensure a high level of scholarship.
- When the manuscript of an article is submitted to a peer-reviewed journal, independent experts are asked to read and comment on the manuscript. If approved by the reviewers, the manuscript is accepted for publication as an article in the journal. (University or Toronto, Gerstein Science Information Centre. http://guides.library.utoronto.ca/peerreview)
Academy of Management Journal
Journal of Marketing
Journal of Human Resources
Journal of Small Business M]anagement
Journal of Consumer Research
The U of C subscribes to many databases that contain a combination of peer-reviewed, scholarly, trade and popular journals and articles. Most of these databases allow you to limit your search results to peer-reviewed, scholarly/academic articles, trade publications etc.
Try searching these databases:
Search Business Source Complete for peer-reviewed articles on your topic:
- Last Updated: Oct 31, 2019 10:19 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/business_communication
- Print Page