LAW Canadian Legislation
- Print Sources
- Bills from current session in Reserve (KEA 27).
- Bills from previous session on first floor (KEA 27).
- Provincial Legislative Record lists all current public government Bills from the most recent session of all 12 provincial and territorial legislatures (JL 1 P76 in Reference).
- Canadian Current Law: Legislation (KE 173 C436, Reference) contains a summary of recent legislative activity in the legislatures of the provinces and territories of Canada. The "Progress of Bills" lists bills by province and alphabetically by titles of the bill. The "Statutes Amended, Repealed or Proclaimed in Force" section lists recent developments in the legislative history of any federal or provincial statute that has been amended, repealed or proclaimed in force
- Electronic databases
Finding Statutes and Regulations
Many statutes are available electronically. Although content often mirrors content available in various databases, no source is totally comprehensive. When "noting up" check multiple resources for best results.
- Looseleaf Statutes of Alberta (KEA 40) in Reference Collection.
- Table of Public Statutes (Pink Pages) in back of each bound volume of the Statutes and in the last volume of the looseleaf Alberta Statutes in Reference (KEA 40).
- Bound Statutes of Alberta (1906-recent) on the first floor (KEA 40)
- Individual Statutes may be found in looseleaf services or annotated acts. Use the Online Catalogue to search by subject.
Other Legislative materials - AB
Alberta Hansard is also available in print, on the 1st floor of the library.
- Last Updated: Aug 13, 2018 12:28 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/canadianlegislation
- Print Page