Want to improve your English and engineering communication skills? We subscribe to IEEE English for Engineering. You can create your own account, work through tutorials at your own pace, and assess your skills.
At the moment, due to technical difficulties, individual accounts can't be created. You can complete the modules, but will not be able to register for an account in order to track your progress.
More about IEEE English for Engineering
Enhance technical communication skills when speaking, reading, and writing English.
IEEE, in partnership with Cambridge University Press, has developed a program of online English communication instruction for engineers and other technical professionals.
The IEEE English for Engineering online learning resource teaches the communication skills and specialized English language knowledge that engineering professionals need, and delivers them in an engaging series of interactive online modules.
Features and benefits
- -Access more than 45 hours of training to enhance communication skills across four dynamic and interactive modules: Speaking in Technical English, Listening and Comprehension, Technical Writing, and Reading and Understanding Technical Publications.
- -Learn across three course levels: Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- -Print individual certificates upon successful completion of each level.
- -Take the placement exam to assess new students and guide level selection.
- -Practice using and become more familiar with the specialized language needed for work with a course focus on technical and semi-technical vocabulary.
- -Advance through the lessons individually and receive feedback on progress.
- -Strengthen and enhance communication skills for project collaboration and career advancement.