BUSN - Graduate Programs in Business (MBA, EMBA, GEEMBA)
Information on using the Library to access print and electronic resources to help with MBA/EMBA courses and projects.
Industry classification (codes)
What are industry codes?
Industry codes provide a method of grouping businesses that produce the same or similar product and/or services and use a hierarchical structure, getting more specific at lower levels.
NAICS (North American Industry Classification System)
- replaced the SIC system in 1997
- uses a 6-digit hierarchical system
NAICS code lookup (US Census Bureau) - find an industy code with description, concordances etc.
SIC (Standard Industrial Classification)
- older classification system (1980)
- uses a 4-digit hierarchical system
SIC code lookup (US Census Bureau)
- Last Updated: Nov 24, 2017 10:41 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/emba
- Print Page