This guide will help you access the University of Calgary Library's eBook collections.
How to Use
This is an example of an ebook in the eBook Collection (EBSCO) platform. This is one of the secondary platform for ebooks at the University of Calgary, and includes materials on a variety of disciplines.
Here users can view bibliographic information, table of contents and jump to a specific chapter, view download availability, add the book to a folder, share a link to the book, create automatic citations in a variety of citation formats, and other options.
|1. Full Download||6. Export||11. Folder|
|2. Save Pages||7. Dictionary||12. Zoom Options|
|3. Search Within Book||8. Cite||13. Previous/Next|
|4. Add to folder||9. Email Pages|
|5. More options||10. My Notes|
Creating an Account
You can set up a personal account that you can use to save search results, persistent links to searches, saved searches, search alerts, journal alerts and web pages to your personal folder.
- Click the Sign In in the top toolbar of the screen.
- From the Sign In Screen, click the Create a new Account link.
- The Create a New Account Screen appears with Personal Account entered in the Account Type field. Fill in the fields on the Create a New Account Screen. When you have completed the fields, click Save Changes.
- If all the information was accepted, a message appears that provides your user name and password. Click OK. You will be automatically logged in as a personal user. You should note the user name and password you created so you can log in at a future session.
To download an eBook
- Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
- If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
- Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
- For some titles, you may see the option to select either the PDF or ePub format for an eBook.
- The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface.
- Select to Open or Save the file from the resulting dialog box.
- If you Open the file, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions.
- If you Save the file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
- When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions.
Also watch the video tutorial below on Downloading an eBook from EBSCO
- Last Updated: May 9, 2018 11:08 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/ebooks
- Print Page