PPOL: Public Policy
Public Policy Search Terminology
- Keyword vs. Subject Searching
- Public Policy Terminology
- Terminology Used by the Government of Canada
KEYWORD vs. SUBJECT SEARCHING
Most searching is done using keywords. These words have no meaning and therefore require the researcher to be imaginative and inventive in determining which terminology to use when searching.
Subject searching means searching for words that have meaning. This usually gives more relevant results.
The terminology that is used for the word policy depends on the research tools that you are using to find this information.
Here are keywords that may be used to find policy:
TERMINOLOGY USED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF CANADA
The following resources may be used to explore the terminology used by the Government of Canada:
- Last Updated: Aug 30, 2021 12:05 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/publicpolicy
- Print Page