PPOL: Public Policy
The making of public policy is usually about problem-solving and finding a solution to the problem.
- is made in response to some sort of problem, whether real or perceived.is made on behalf of the public
- is made to find a solution to a problem
- is made by governments even if the ideas come from outside of government or as a result of an interaction between the governmental or intergovernmental body and a non-governmental body
- is what the government chooses to do or not to do
Public policy is often a statement made by government, however, it can also be indicative of what the government decides not to do, so may be an implicit policy.
These "statements" are found in a variety of documents put out by the government.
- Last Updated: Apr 6, 2018 1:44 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/publicpolicy
- Print Page