Education - Maker Spaces
Technology - Starter Kits
How to Choose Maker Apps
Look for apps that call for the user to be creative and innovative in their thinking. School Library Journal (May, 2015) asks these questions about apps advertised for Makerspaces.
1. How does this product help a child or teen learn a new skill or extend what they already know?
2. In what ways does this app provide opportunities to innovate and create something original?
3. How does the app make it possible for users to iterate their making? Are they able to design, test, rework, and test again?
My preferred maker apps come from autodesk as seen in this blog post. These apps allow students some flexibility in the design and prototyping of maker inventions. In all instances, choose apps that allow for multiple ways to initiate creative responses from students.
Canadian Suppliers of Materials
- Last Updated: Oct 3, 2017 11:28 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/c.php?g=255585
- Print Page