A guide to outlining the size and scope of the project, technical requirements, and its potential impact
Library computing facilities
The Taylor Family Digital Library is home to the following specialized computing facilities, available to the University community on a first-come first-served basis. Staff can assist users with using the software and locating data.
- The Digital Media Commons (3rd floor) is equipped with high performance MacPro workstations, A/V edit suites, a 3-D printer, and a selection of loanable equipment.
- Lab NEXT (3rd floor) contains 6 high performance PCs with a variety of digitial media creation and data analysis software.
- Spatial and Numeric Data Services (4th floor) is equipped with workstations with GIS and statistical software, as well as a 42" document scanner.
- The Visualization Studio (4th floor) is a state-of-the-art digital facility created to support faculty and graduate researchers. Its primary feature is a high-resolution display wall with surround sound. The studio is designed to provide researchers with significant visual real estate for working with digital information. The display's 34.5 million pixels allow for insight and overview that is impossible to achieve with a desktop monitor or standard projector.
Digital Research Tools
- Last Updated: Jun 19, 2019 7:59 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/digitalprojects
- Print Page