Learn the Library Session C: Help! I need to form a research question!
Participants will learn how identify information gaps to create a research question, determine the depth and scope of the question, seek multiple perspectives in information gathering.
Does this meet my need?
How can I be sure that this information meets my need?
Think about your research question, problem or general information need, and then consider the following:
- Authority and Credibility
- How long ago was it published? Is it still useful or relevant?
- Look for points of view and bias. Is it affecting the bottom line? How you can use it?
- All all the research components there? Can we trust that the research is accurate?
- Coverage: Does this deal with a large part of my need or just one small aspect?
- Last Updated: Nov 7, 2017 5:08 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/sessionc
- Print Page