Haskayne Business Research Resource Checklist
To make use of funds research accounting requires several pieces of information before initiating an account:
- Fill out the project request form. This form requires additional documentation including:
- A detailed budget;
- Terms of reference;
- Ethics approval.
All research, funded or unfunded, involving humans, animals, or biohazards must be reviewed by and receive approval from the appropriate ethics committee before research can begin. Access to funds (if applicable) only occurs after all of the required certificates and approvals are in place.
- Team members should complete the TCPS-2 course on research ethics.
- Ethics certification for Haskayne is through the CFREB, unless your project is a partnership with another Faculty (e.g., Medicine) or involves animal care/biohazards.
- See the Research Activities Exempt from CFREB Review document for guidelines on what research does or does not require approval.
- IRISS is the online system for creating and managing ethics applications. Ethics application reviews typically take 3-4 weeks.
Metadata is the information that documents and describes your data. Creating proper metadata will make it easier for you to use, re-use, and verify your findings, assist your collaborators, and, if you choose to do so, make it easier to share your datasets with others.
- For help in choosing a metadata standard, finding metadata collections tools, or assistance in research data documentation standards contact the Business Library or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The hardware and software computing resources that you may need to collect, store, backup, and analyze your data. It may be useful to contact IT's Research Computing group for specific needs in terms of storage, servers, or advanced requirements.
Data Analysis & Support
There are a variety of services on campus that can assist you in analyzing your data.
- The library's Digitization Unit provides expert advice on digitizing analog materials.
- Maps & GIS
- Haskayne Qualtrics Online Survey Tool. Qualtrics is Web-Based Survey Software for all Haskayne School of Business Faculty, Staff and PhD Students.
- The library offers a variety of data visualization support:
- Information Technologies also assists with high performance scientific visualization.
Reporting & Compliance
- Last Updated: Dec 18, 2017 12:49 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/haskaynechecklist
- Print Page