Scholarly Journal Publishing
Setting Up Your Online Journal
Once you have reviewed our Getting Started material, you are ready to work with us to set up your OJS installation. We can set you up with a fresh instance, or help you migrate in content for existing journals.
We also suggest that journal personnel become somewhat familiar with OJS before requesting an installation. PKP School is one of the best ways to do that.
Steps 1-3 must be completed before we can prepare your OJS installation, usually within one business week.
Your main contact will be given a Journal Manager role. That person will thereafter be responsible for assigning all other roles.
Please note: Only the University of Calgary will have the Site Administration role and file level access to the hosting servers.
2. Read through our forms
3. Apply for a custom domain (optional)
- We will provide journals with a URL that looks as follows: https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/[yourjournalabbreviation], ex. https://journalhosting.ucalgary.ca/index.php/jit.
- Journals may obtain their own domain if they wish. Our recommended service provider is GoDaddy. Instructions for setting up your custom domain [here].
4. Complete the 5-stage journal setup
- Once you have your OJS installation, you can go ahead and complete the 5-stage journal setup. http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.1/journalManagementPages.html
- After you have completed the setup, you have a journal that is ready to go - you can inform your intended audience that you are open for submissions!
6. Develop your self-archiving policies
- Develop your copyright and author self-archiving policies and register them with Sherpa/Romeo.
Sherpa/Romeo is a searchable database of publisher's policies regarding copyright and the self- archiving of journal articles on the web and in Open Access repositories.
- In your journal's OJS setup Step 3.2 you will find a link to several samples for copyright wording but to explore ahead of time, check out these sites:
- Last Updated: Jun 4, 2019 10:30 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/publishing
- Print Page