Academic writing refers to the style of expression used to write for academic purposes, and includes essays, literature reviews, and reports. It often contains:
- A thesis or guiding hypothesis
- Clear writing style
- Organized structure, with clear introductions and conclusions
- Well-supported writing using citations and references
If in doubt about your assignment, the best place to ask first is your TA, instructor or professor.
The Library and the Student Success Centre have many resources to help you with your writing. The handouts below will help you get started.
Looking for a tool to help organize your assignment schedule?
The Assignment Tracker allows you to plan out your paper or project, showing estimated timeframes and resources to help you through the process.
- Last Updated: Jan 25, 2019 4:05 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/writinghelp
- Print Page