International Students' Resources
My World Abroad
Discover the “career value” of study abroad. University of Calgary has partnered with MyWorldAbroad to provide our students with valuable resources to assess their global career skills and incorporate them into their job search. Use your school email to register for a FREE.
- MyWorldAbroad account, and check out some the most popular content:
- International Quizzes: Do you know what it takes to succeed abroad?
- Stories From Abroad: Q&A with students who’ve traveled.
- Quick Guides: 35 important go-abroad topics.
- Be more than just a tourist! Boost your international skills now.
- In A Rush? Access the most important info!
- Self-Evaluations: The key to your success at home & abroad.
- Discover the Career Value of Going Abroad It’s proven: International skills matter!
- 100 Career-boosting Strategies While Abroad: Your future self will thank you.
- Your International Resume & LinkedIn Profile: Get serious about the job hunt.
- Top Tips On Going Abroad & Your Career: No experience? No problem.
And there’s much more! Visit MyWorldAbroad to register for your FREE account.
- Centre for intercultural learning: http://www.intercultures.ca/cil-cai/ci-ic-eng.asp?iso=ca#cn-1
- Direction for immigrants: http://www.directionsforimmigrants.ca/get_started.htm
- Working in Canada as a student: https://www.ucalgary.ca/iss/immigration/working-in-canada
- Living in Canada: http://www.livingin-canada.com/
- Canadian job search boards: http://www.livingin-canada.com/find-a-job-in-canada.html
- Working in Alberta: A guide for internationally trained and educated immigrants: Have you obtained your education and skills training outside of Canada? Working in Alberta can help you research your occupation in Alberta, look at other work alternatives and become familiar with the Alberta workplace. You'll find information on topics including recognition of international qualifications, registration and certification, occupational information, career management, job search skills and the labour market. It also includes information about the agencies, professional organizations, government departments, websites and publications that can help during this period of transition.https://alis.alberta.ca/pdf/cshop/WorkingInAlberta.pdf
- Welcome to Alberta: Information for Newcomers: This guide for newcomers to Alberta provides useful information for settling, working and living in the province. The publication covers a wide range of topics, including housing, employment, education, health care, climate, banking, shopping, transportation, child care, the legal system and social customs. It also includes information for Temporary Foreign Workers. (Please note that not all the information is applicable to international students) https://alis.alberta.ca/pdf/cshop/welcometoalberta.pdf
- Last Updated: Feb 18, 2020 1:40 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/careerservicesinternationalstudents
- Print Page