Religious Studies Web Guide
Multi-Religion - Libraries and Archives
- ArchiveGrid - brings together information about documents in over 1,000 archives
- British Library Catalogue - over 10 million books, journals, reports etc. Also British Library Archives and Mansucript Collections
- CNII books - union catalogue of Japanese college and university libraries produced by the National Institute of Informatics in Japan. Can be searched in English
- Cross Asia - searches European and Asian resources for books and articles
- Digital Public Library of America - over 18 million items from libraries, archives and museums
- European Library - searches content of European National Libraries - can also browse by discipline
- Gateway Bayern - searches over 25 million titles
- GVK - over 43 million records from more than 500 German libraries
- IndCat: Online Union Catalogue of Indian Universities -"unified Online Library Catalogues of books, theses and journals available in major university libraries in India. The union database contains bibliographic description, location and holdings information for books, journals and theses in all subject areas available in more than 121 university libraries across the country"
- Internet Archive
- Internet Library sub-Saharan Africa - great resource for religion in Africa - includes the Africa catalogue of GIGA Hamburg, African Studies Centre, Leiden and Nordic Africa Institute in Uppsala, Sweden
- The Karlsruhe Virtual Catalogue - union catalogue of European and World libraries.
- LGBT Religious Collections in Archives in the US and Beyond
- Library Hub Discover- Search a database of 172 UK and Irish academic, national & specialist library catalogues which includes the British Library. Replaces COPAC.
- MENALIB: The Middle East Virtual Library - "provides access to electronic fulltext materials or electronic bibliographical records of printed materials and manuscripts." Searches a number of European Middle Eastern research institutes pincluding German Institue of Global and Area Studies, the Zentrum Moderner Orient and the ULB Halle.
- Merhav - searches all resources at the National Library of Israel including Israel Union Catalog, The Israel Union List of Serials and Qiryat Sefer (National Bibliography of Israel)
- National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections
- Religious Archives in Canada - from "Canadian Resources on the Internet" compiled by Cheryl Avery and Steve Billinton
- Sudoc - is "the French collective catalogue produced by the libraries and documentation centres of higher education and research . It contains more than 12 million bibliographic records describing all kinds of documents (books, theses, journals, electronic resources, audio-visual documents, microforms, maps, partitions, manuscripts and old books.) Lastly, Sudoc's mission is to list all dissertations/theses produced in France."
- Swisscovery - union catalog of over 470 academic libraries in Switzerland
- Union Catalog of the Council of American Overseas Research Centers - includes books and journal articles
- WorldCat - search thousands of library collections
Specific Libraries and Archives:
- Last Updated: May 31, 2021 11:51 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/religiousstudieswebguide
- Print Page