Religious Studies Web Guide
Multi Religion - Images
- Artstor Digital Library - public collections
- CDRI: Digital resources for the study of religion - The Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative of the American Theological Library Association and Association of Theological Schools - part of the ATLA Digital Library is a repository of digital resources contributed by member libraries. Includes manuscripts, postcards, woodcuts, coins, maps etc.
- Digital Public Library of America - over 18 million items from libraries, archives and museums
- Digital Scriptorium -" image database of medieval and renaissance manuscripts that unites scattered resources from many institutions into an international tool for teaching and scholarly research"
- Encyclopedia Mythica Image gallery- do a search and then click "images" after you get the results.
- Getty Search Gateway - over 160,000 photographs, 100,000 Visual Material and 26,000 Vessels and includes over 99,000 open content images . Note can Browse topics such as Mythology, Religious, Old Testament, Apostles/Saints
- Goodspeed Manuscript Collection (University of Chicago) - early Greek, Syriac, Ethiopic, Armenian, Arabic and Latin manuscripts from the 5th to 20 centuries
- HOLLIS Images - Harvard Library's catalog of images from the various collections of Harvard University - can limit to public domain items only
- Library and Archival Exhibitions on the Web- links to over 2,900 online exhibits. Can browse by exhibit or search by name, institution or subject terms
- MAVCOR Material Objects Archives (Center for the Study of Material and Visual Cultres of Religion)
- New York Public Library Digital Library - over 700,000 items including images of prints, illuminated manuscripts, photographs, maps, moving images, sound recordings books , postcards etc.
- SOAS Digital Collections - photographs, maps, films, audo, manuscripts and other resources from the collection of SOAS, University of London
- Last Updated: May 31, 2021 11:51 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/religiousstudieswebguide
- Print Page