Religious Studies Web Guide
Buddhism - Libraries and Archives
- La bibliothèque des études tibétaine (Paris) - holdings searchable through Catalogue Omnia and Sudoc
- Buddhist Digital Resource Center Library
- Catalogue of Tibetan Manuscripts and Xylographs in Danish libraries
- Collège de France Library - extensive holdings for Buddhism and other Asian religions with holdings including Institut d'Etudes Tibétaines, Institut d'Etudes Indiennes, Institut d'Etudes Coréennes, Institut des Hautes Etudes Chinoises and Institut d'Etudes Japonaises. Indexes books, articles and theses.
- Dhagpo Kagyu Library - This library specializes in Buddhism and in Tibetan civilization and holds approximately 3,000 works.
- International College for Postgraduate Buddhist Studies Library - over 140,000 volumes on Buddhist studies
- Latse Library (New York) - "premiere research library dedicated to modern Tibetan studies" - over 10,000 books and 10,000 journals
- Toyo Bunko (Oriental Library) Search Catalogue - Browse European language books by geographic area and subject "library and research institute dedicated to the study of Asian history and culture. It is the largest in the region and one of the five largest in the world" - Located in Tokyo, Japan. Also provides index to PL 480 Microfiche Edition of Tibetan Literature
- University of Virginia Library - holds a large collection of Tibetan texts and secondary material. Can search the library catalog to identify books titles and some journal articles. While you can filter results by language, the list of languages is arranged by number of hits so it can be challenging to quickly find Tibetan. Note in advanced search of classic catalog you can limit search to works in particular language by selecting language (for example Tibetan) from alphabetical list of languages.
- Last Updated: Mar 5, 2021 1:24 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/religiousstudieswebguide
- Print Page