Mobile Apps and Resources
Library Mobile Apps Available through the University of Calgary Library
The AccessMedicine app is a subset of the AccessMedicine database and includes: Quick Medical Diagnosis & Treatment (quick clinical reference); Fitzpatrick’s Clinical Dermatology Atlas (colour images plus an outline of skin disorders and diseases); Diagnosaurus® (a differential diagnosis tool); and Guide to Diagnostics Tests (quick reference of commonly used tests).
Download the AccessMedicine app:
- Create an AccessMedicine account (if you don't already have one). You cannot create an account via the app, but must do so with through the AccessMedicine website through the University of Calgary library portal.
- To create a MyAccess account, click the drop-down box at the upper right corner of your screen where it says Consortia, University of Calgary.
- Click Sign In or Create a free MyAccess Profile. In the pop-up window, choose Create a Free MyAccess Profile highlighted in blue and fill in your information.
- Once your account is set up, download the AccessMedicine app from the App Store or Google Play Store and sign in using your MyAccessMedicine username and password.
NOTE: You must sign in to your AccessMedicine account through the University of Calgary library portal once every 90 days to maintain access to the app.
The Browzine app consolidates scholarly journals from multiple publishers and platforms into an easily browsable format, optimized for iPhones, iPads or Android tablets. Downloading and set up instructions are provided on the Browzine LibGuides page.
Before using the ClinicalKey Mobile app, you will need to create a ClinicalKey account and activate remote access:
- Access ClinicalKey via the library's databases page.
- From ClinicalKey's website, select Register in the top right corner.
- Fill out the required fields and use your @ucalgary.ca email to create an account and confirm registration
- Access ClinicalKey again via the library's databases page.
- Select Login and select Apply for Remote Access. Enter your email.
- Confirm remote access in activation email.
- Download the app on your mobile device.
- Open the CliinicalKey app and login with your account details (@ucalgary.ca email and password)
**Note: You will need to log-in to the app while on the UCalgary network periodically in order to maintain remote access.
Please note that you must have an internet connection in order to use the ClinicalKey app.
Download the DynaMed App:
- Access the desktop version of DynaMed from the library website.
- Using a non-mobile computer, click on the icon to Sign In OR Register
- DynaMed will walk you through the account creation process.
- Download the app.
- From your mobile device, sign in to the DynaMed App using the personal account you created. (Do not use the institutional network option).
- Once logged in, the app is authenticated for 3 months, after which you are prompted to re-authenticate to retain access.
For more information on the DynaMed App, visit the following links:
Automatically defaults to searching all University of Calgary licensed EBSCO databases like CINAHL Plus, CAB Abstracts, Environment Complete, SPORTDiscus and many more.
Download the EBSCOhost Mobile app:
After opening the EBSCO App, use the Find my Library feature to sign in with your institutional credentials. If you have previously created a Personal User Account for accessing EBSCOhost, you can use that to log in to the app. You only need to log in to the app once. The app remembers your login credentials and you are automatically authenticated for future sessions.
Open the app and click on Get Started.
Tap the search box to find University of Calgary library. Select UCalgary from the list and click Next.
Tap Continue to allow the app to continue to sign you in.
Login using your UCalgary credentials OR if you have created a personal user account, you can sign in with your personal account credentials
If you have an active Google account, tap the Sign in with Google button and follow the prompts to log in.
EBSCOhost Mobile App Quick Start Guide
Before you start: If you have the Nursing Reference Center app installed on your device, you must uninstall it before installing the Nursing Reference Center Plus app.
Download and authenticate the Nursing Reference Center Plus App:
- Access Nursing Reference Center Plus from the library's databases page.
- Click the link at the bottom of the page and enter your email address.
- Note: You must use an email address that you can access from your device on which you have installed the NRC Plus app.
- An email with an authentication key is sent to you
- Access the email from your device on which you have installed the NRC Plus app.
- Click the link found in the email to authenticate the application. You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
Note: Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for 9 months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the NRC Plus interface.
For more information on the Nursing Reference Center Plus App, visit the following links:
As part of the University of Calgary’s subscription to RxTx, we are pleased to provide you with your own personal access to the RxTx mobile App!
- To get started, please go to: https://www.pharmacists.ca/function/et/register-for-cps-mobile/
- Enter the Organization Code: 0101025 and complete your registration using your UCalgary email address.
- Once complete, you can go to the Apple or Google Play App Store from your smartphone/tablet and search for RxTx Mobile.
- Install the app. Once installed, enter your email address and the password created during registration. This step is only required the first time the app is opened.
Download the VisualDX App:
- Launch VisualDX from the library webpage.
- Once on the VisualDX website, click on the Get the Mobile App icon to register.
- Select the Create a Personal VisualDX account option. Tip: Complete this step before downloading the app.
- Download the app and enter your username and password when prompted.
Note: A wi-fi connection is always required when using the VisualDX Mobile app.
- Last Updated: Jun 29, 2021 2:41 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/mobile
- Print Page