NURS633 - Winter 2021
Resources about Theoretical Frameworks
- Anfara, V. A., & Mertz, N. T. (2015). Theoretical frameworks in qualitative research (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Anfara, V. A., & Mertz, N. T. (2006). Theoretical frameworks in qualitative research. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE.
- Ravitch, S. M., & Riggan, M. (2017). Reason & rigor: How conceptual frameworks guide research (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE. TFDL H62 .R344 2012
- Osanloo, A., & Grant, C. (2016). Understanding, selecting, and integrating a theoretical framework in dissertation research: Creating the blueprint for your “house”. Administrative issues journal: connecting education, practice, and research, 4(2), 7.
- Varpio, L., Paradis, E., Uijtdehaage, S., & Young, M. (2020). The distinctions between theory, theoretical framework, and conceptual framework. Academic Medicine, 95(7), 989-994.
Professor Norma T. Mertz briefly discusses qualitative research and how it has changed since she entered the field. She emphasizes the importance of defining a research question before choosing a theoretical approach to research.
From SAGE Research Methods
Theoretical and Practical Relevance
David Silverman discusses how to increase the theoretical and practical relevance of research.
- Last Updated: Jan 12, 2021 11:16 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/c.php?g=719775
- Print Page