- General Search Terminology
- Books available within the U of C library
- A selection of related research guides
- A selection of research guides from institutions across Canad
- Archives and Special Collections
- A selection of books within the U of C library
General Search Terms
For a more detailed and complete guide to terminology, see the Canadian Government publication "Terminology Guide: Research on Aboriginal Heritage", linked here or found on the Library and Archives Canada website for a breakdown of commonly used terms before beginning your search.
|Treaty||Indians of North America|
You may also find a combination of general terms and specific terms helpful. For example, "Linguistics; Blackfoot; and Indians of North America" will restrict searches better than only Blackfoot.
It is also important to account for spelling variations. For example, the modern Sarcee can also be spelt Sarci, or Tsuu T'ina may be spelt Tsu Tina.
- Last Updated: Sep 9, 2021 8:56 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/c.php?g=724924
- Print Page