January 18, 2021:
Our technology lending service (available to Werklund’s faculty, staff and students only) has resumed. To request technology:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Reservations must be made at least one business day prior to the desired pickup date
- Specify the equipment you need from the list on this page
- Pickups and returns (by appointment only) will occur at the Doucette Library, 9:00-4:00 on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
* We are grateful to the UC Students' Union Quality Money program for the grant that allowed us to purchase 3 iPads and appropriate apps.
Who can borrow
Any University of Calgary Werklund School of Education student (part-time/full-time/continuing education), Faculty or Staff member with a valid library card may borrow equipment. You must be associated with Werklund, in good standing with the Library, with no outstanding fines or liabilities over $50.
- You may borrow one laptop at a time. Other equipment requests will be evaluated individually.
- The loan period is 14 days. The equipment must be returned to the Doucette Library, at a time scheduled by appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule return appointment).
- Don’t be late – overdue fines are $3 per hour, to a maximum of $50.
- Depending on demand, some items may be available for renewal. You must bring the equipment back to the Library to renew it.
- All borrowers will be required to sign a loan agreement, which will be kept on file until the equipment is returned in good working order. You assume all liability for the cost of repair or replacement of the equipment if it is lost or damaged while it is signed out to you. You will also have your Library privileges suspended until payment is received.
How to book and borrow
- You may book equipment in advance by emailing email@example.com. No booking? Check at the Circulation Desk for availability.