Libraries & Cultural Resources COVID-19 Update
Subject librarians with expertise in specific areas are available for remote consultations via email or online (e.g. Zoom).
Online Materials and Tools
We have a multitude of electronic resources available for you to use if you can’t make it to campus to pick up physical items.
- HathiTrust Digital Library Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS)
Provides access to 1.2 million digitized titles.
- Search Library Resources
Use filters on the left hand side of the screen to focus on ebooks and other online resources.
- Articles and Research Databases
We have hundreds of resources that provide access to online articles, video and more.
- Off-Campus Access
If you are not on campus, use the CAS Login to access our resources.
Contactless Book Pickup
University of Calgary students, faculty and staff are now able to request books from our physical library collections (TFDL, HDL and branch libraries) for pickup at the TFDL. Requested items will be picked for contactless pickup at the TFDL Monday to Thursday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Sunday 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Place requests on the physical items you want. You can have up to 10 requests on your account at any one time.
- You will receive an email notification when your items are ready for pickup. Do not come to the Library until you have received a notification. You have seven (7) days to pickup up your materials.
- All items are subject to recall. If someone else requests an item you have, you will be asked to return it. Overdue fines will accrue beginning August 31 if recalled materials are not returned.
- Please return all materials to the Book Return bin at the East Exit of the TFDL.
This service is available for current University of Calgary students, faculty and staff only. We will continue to deliver online digital content to you. We will not be requesting or delivering physical items or scanned copies for you.
Returning Library Materials
The exterior book drop on the east side of the Taylor Family Digital Library is temporarily closed.
Please return library materials to the Taylor Family Digital Library during building hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm. Closed weekends and Stat Holidays. There will be collection bins in the foyer where you can put your returns.
A small temporary return will be located on the west side of the TFDL if you are unable to visit during building hours. It has limited capacity, so if at all possible please visit us during the week.
Materials are quarantined for 72 hours before being processed so may not be immediately removed from your card.
If you are unable to return material or arrange for someone else to return your materials, please contact email@example.com.
Overdue fines are charged on recalled materials.
- Last Updated: Jun 9, 2021 12:56 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/covid-19
- Print Page