Work with us
The Digitization and Repository team in Libraries and Cultural Resources welcomes project proposals from University of Calgary administration, faculty, staff and students. As a first step, we ask you to fill in a brief form, which outlines the size and scope of the project, technical requirements, and its potential impact. The information you provide will help our team prioritize which projects to take on.
Projects most likely to be approved will be ones that:
- support the research and educational mission of the University of Calgary
- can be made freely available to the University of Calgary community and/or the general public
- are feasible with existing or potentially obtainable resources
- help establish or maintain partnerships external to Libraries and Cultural Resources
- digitize unique, rare, or fragile materials
- facilitate limited or non-existent access to materials
- enable new kinds of research not possible in an analog format
Proposed projects do not have to meet all of these criteria. It is not necessary to secure outside funding to complete a project with us.
- Submit your project proposal using this simple web form. If you want some assistance or have questions, please contact us - we are happy to work with you.
- Within 4 weeks, someone from our team will contact you. If your project seems like a good fit for us at this time, we will schedule an initial project meeting.
- An initial project meeting will help us scope out your project with you, and will cover topics such as project deliverables, scope, risks, permissions, metadata, success factors, and sustainability.
- Based on the project meeting, we will work with you to develop a Project Charter and Memorandum of Understanding (once these documents are ready we could link to them here for transparency).
- Once the Memorandum of Understanding has been signed off on by all team members, we will start to work with you on your project.
- Last Updated: Nov 8, 2017 1:39 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/digitalprojects
- Print Page