Skip to main content

High School Classes

This guide is created for classes who are attending library instruction sessions at the University of Calgary

How can the library help you?

We help students to:

A. Understand the research process
B. Find resources to write a good research paper
C. Learn when to use certain resources

Research is Fun!

Getting a TAL card

Before you come to the University of Calgary Libraries, you will need to get a TAL card from your local library (such as Calgary Public Library). To register your TAL card with us, you will need to have these three items:

  1. Your driver’s license or school ID or any government issue photo ID
  2. Calgary Public Library card (or library card from the institution where you registered for a TAL card)
  3. TAL card

This card will let you check out books and other physical materials. 

The TAL card needs to renewed annually. Check the back of the TAL card for the expiry date.

Using the computers

If you'd like to use the computers at the library, you'll need to get a guest log-in.

Visit the Tech Support Desk on the 2nd floor of the Taylor Family Digital Library with a piece of ID (school ID, driver's license, passport) and you'll get a one-day guest account.

You'll be able to log in to any computer in the library and access (most) of our online resources. 

Print Page