Citing & Writing in the Health Sciences
Learn EndNote Desktop as if you were in class.
Shown on Windows interface. Topics covered are: creating an EndNote library, importing references, demo of the EN desktop interface.
Shown on Windows interface. Topics covered are: managing duplicates, finding full texts, using the Cite-While-You-Write with MS Word, sharing Endnote libraries and references
About Citation Management Tools
Citation management tools help you collect, organize and share information for research and writing. Most perform the same functions and some are freely available.
Each citation tool has its own plug-in for Microsoft Word, some have browser plug-ins for easy capture of web links and most have built-in connections to common library reference databases. All of these tools have options for group-based collaborative research.
There are two versions of Endnote - a stand alone Endnote desktop program and Endnote Online, a cloud-based, free version. If you want to use both, they can be synced so that you have the same references (from a single desktop library) in both places.
- Connect with an Endnote Instructor at the Health Sciences Library for online help.
- Check the workshop calendar for upcoming Endnote workshops
- While the Health Sciences Library is temporarily closed, please email us.
- Last Updated: Jul 13, 2020 9:37 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/hsl/citationmanagementtools
- Print Page