Citing & Writing in the Health Sciences
Use the tabs below for different ways to collect and work with references
There are multiple methods for adding references to an Endnote Online library. References can be imported directly from a database search.
1) Importing a Text File - a database creates a file. Save and import the file to EndNote Online.
- Perform your search and mark desired references. Look for a Save or Export option in the database.
- Select a file format such as .ris or .enw. Save the file to your computer.
- Go to EndNote Online. Select the Collect tab, and then click the Import References link
- Import into EndNote using the corresponding Import Option.
- See Pubmed video tutorial below for importing a text file.
2) Importing from Web of Science to EndNote Online.
3) Using the Online Search method in EndNote Online by selecting a remote database to search and configure a list of favorite connection files
4) Importing references from websites using Capture Reference.
This video shows how to best organized unfiled references added to your library into a group.
Set Google Scholar to allow for direct export to EndNote Online and see examples of exporting references.
Check for duplicates routinely as you add references to your Endnote Online. To identify and delete them, use the Find Duplicates link under the Organize tab.
- Last Updated: Aug 7, 2020 8:16 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/hsl/citationmanagementtools
- Print Page