Citing & Writing in the Health Sciences
Working with References - use the tabs below for different ways to get and work with references
Get References 5 ways
- Select the references you need (in some databases save these to a Folder or List first).
- Look for language like Send To, Export, Cite. In some databases this is available from a Folder or List
- Choose Citation Manager, EndNote, or Direct Export in RIS Format
2) Import Text Files - a database creates a file. Save and import the file to Endnote Web
*Each database/browser may have slightly different wording or steps.*
- Save database references as a text file.
- Import into EndNote using the corresponding Import Filter.
3) Enter references manually - sometimes, you will need to type in your references by hand
4) Import from Web of Science - navigate easily between Web of Science and Endnote Online to collect references
Organize references into Groups in a way that works for you. Get details on Managing Groups from EndNote.
Set Google Scholar to allow direct export to Endnote online and see examples of exporting references
- Last Updated: Jan 3, 2019 2:37 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/hsl/citationmanagementtools
- Print Page