Citing & Writing in the Health Sciences
Working with References - use the tabs below for different ways to get and work with references
Collecting References in Endnote Online
1) Import Text Files - a database creates a file. Save and import the file to Endnote Web.
- Perform your search and mark desired references. Look for a Save or Export option in the database.
- Select a file format such as .ris or .enw. Save the file to your computer.
- Go to Endnote Online. Select the Collect tab, and then click the Import References link
- Import into EndNote using the corresponding Import Option
2) Enter references manually - sometimes, you will need to type in your references by hand
3) Import from Web of Science - navigate easily between Web of Science and Endnote Online to collect references
Organize references into Groups in a way that works for you. Get details on Managing Groups from EndNote.
Set Google Scholar to allow direct export to Endnote online and see examples of exporting references
- Last Updated: Oct 31, 2019 3:06 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/hsl/citationmanagementtools
- Print Page