Mobile Apps and Resources
Library Mobile Apps and Resources
A mobile application is also known as a mobile app or simply an app. When users talk about apps, they refer to programs that run on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablet computers. Apps typically run locally on a device but can also run on a web browser and may or may not have a connection to the internet.
Explore this guide for guidance and access to library mobile apps accessible through the University of Calgary library. Some require registration for a personal account from the UCalgary network.
Selecting and Using Mobile Apps
- Before you download an app, consider what you know about what the app does. Rely more on trustworthy sites.
- Think about how and where you'll be using an app most. An area with a good wireless connection is recommended.
- Review security settings and permissions that the app is requesting when you install it. This may include access to shared files, being able to view your location, being able to read your phone state and so on.
- Once you buy a device, you’ll have to use an app store that works with your device’s operating system. Keep in mind that some apps are designed specifically for tablets or smart phones, not both.
- Consider how much space you're willing to give up on your device when downloading an app. Some apps can take up large data storage.
Find More Healthcare Apps
- Last Updated: Aug 20, 2020 12:13 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/mobile
- Print Page