Using NVivo for Qualitative Data Analysis
NVivo is software for Windows or macOS that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. NVivo can help you:
- Organize and code multiple data sources in one central project file.
- Assign attributes to data (e.g., demographics) for comparative purposes.
- Add interpretations and notes.
- Query and search data.
- Visualize data.
The University of Calgary has a site licence for the latest version of NVivo, and students, faculty and staff can obtain a licence through the University's Software Distribution website (Windows users will want the x64 version). There are also copies of NVivo installed on the machines in TFDL 440B, LabNEXT , and the HSL Lab .
More information on NVivo can be found at the vendor's website .
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like a consultation on your use of NVivo.
- Last Updated: Jul 27, 2021 12:47 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/nvivo
- Print Page