Using NVivo for Qualitative Data Analysis
NVivo is software for Windows or macOS that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. NVivo can help you:
- Organize and code multiple data sources in one central project file.
- Assign attributes to data (e.g., demographics) for comparative purposes.
- Add interpretations and notes.
- Query and search data.
- Visualize data.
The University of Calgary has a site license for the latest version of NVivo, and students, faculty and staff can obtain a license through the University's Software Distribution website (Windows users will want the x64 version). There are also copies of NVivo installed on the machines in TFDL 440B, LabNEXT, and the HSL Lab.
More information on NVivo can be found at the vendor's website: https://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/home
Please feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like a consultation on your use of NVivo.
- Last Updated: Mar 26, 2021 10:00 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/nvivo
- Print Page