Scholarly Journal Publishing
Planning for OJS 3
Our planned upgrade to OJS 3 will enable new functionality and an updated look and feel for University of Calgary-hosted journals. However, OJS 3 does feature a significantly different workflow. For journal managers and editors used to OJS 2, learning OJS 3 will require some adjustment and study.
Thankfully, there are many helpful resources to help learn the new system.
General Training Resources
- Learning OJS 3: A visual, step by step guide to managing a journal with Open Journal Systems 3. Very comprehensive.
- PKP School - Setting up a Journal in OJS 3: This course, which requires learners to register, is designed for people who need to learn how to use the latest version of OJS quickly.
- PKP School - Editorial Workflow in OJS 3: This course, which requires learners to register, is designed for people who need to learn how to use the basics of the editorial workflow quickly.
- PKP OJS Demo: Try out a demo site of OJS 3. Use the provided user name and password to explore OJS 3 functionality and features.
More Specific Training Resources
- Getting Found, Staying Found: This guide helps journal teams ensure that their journal is discoverable and helps build a wider audience.
- GDPR Guide: Advice for OJS users on how to approach the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- CrossRef and DOIs: Assistance with the DOI and Crossref Plugins.
Guides for System Administrators and Web Developers
- Last Updated: Jan 3, 2020 1:20 PM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/guides/publishing
- Print Page