TFDL Makerspace Training
Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine
The Taylor Family Digital Library's Makerspace provides access to the Brother PE770 embroidery machine. In this module, you will learn how to thread the machine, troubleshooting common problems, and using Embrilliance StitchArtist to create custom embroidery designs.
For file submission, please create your custom design using the Embrilliance software and submit the .pes file.
About using our sewing equipment
- Makerspace users are expected to bring their own supplies and equipment (fabric, thread, etc.)
- Basic sewing supplies are available (pins, self-healing mat, rotary cutter, scissors, etc.)
The Makerspace also has a basic sewing machine, some basic information is available below.
Brother JX1710 Sewing Machine
This is a very basic mechanical sewing machine with 17 built-in sewing stitches, including an auto-size buttonhole feature.
If you have never threaded a sewing machine before, ask for assistance!
Embroidery at the TFDL Makerspace
- Embroidery is a technique for decorating fabric with thread
- At the TFDL, we have a Brother PE770 embroidery machine with a variety of hoops.
- The machine has 136 built-in embroidery designs, 10 built in frame designs, and 6 built-in fonts
- To create custom designs, you can use embroidery software, which will be covered later in this module. Custom designs are imported into the machine using a USB stick. Not all USB sticks are compatible with the machine. If yours isn’t working, ask staff to loan a compatible one.
Embrilliance StitchArtist Level 3 is a program that allows you to create machine embroidery designs from scratch. You can start by importing existing artwork (in common vector forms like .svg and cutfile formats like .studio or .fcm) or by "drawing with stitches."
The software is installed in all six PCs in the Lab NEXT area adjacent to the Makerspace. Simply save your design on a compatible USB stick to import it into the machine.
Tutorial Videos from the Embrilliance Youtube Channel
- StitchArtist Level 3 Controls - Part 1
- StitchArtist Level 3 Controls - Part 2
- StitchArtist Level 3 Controls - Part 3
- StitchArtist Level 3 Controls - Part 4
- StitchArtist Level 3 Controls - Part 5
- Last Updated: Sep 20, 2020 10:28 AM
- URL: https://library.ucalgary.ca/makerspace_training
- Print Page