Technology for Loan
The following equipment is available for short-term loan from the Doucette Library:
- 4 Apple 64 GB iPads loaded with 100+ educational apps*
- 3 Dell Latitude E6530 Laptops
- 3 Panasonic HX-DC2 Dual Cameras
- 2 Canon Vixia HFR40 Camcorders
* We are grateful to the UC Students' Union Quality Money program for the grant that allowed us to purchase 3 iPads and appropriate apps.
Who can borrow
The equipment is supplied by the Werklund School of Education, and ONLY Werklund School of Education students, staff and faculty are eligible to borrow it.
- Equipment can be borrowed for up to one week (7 days) depending on need and demand.
- Equipment must be returned in person during regular Doucette Library hours, and cannot be returned through the book return chute.
- Overdue fines are $10.00 per day or fraction thereof. Fines will continue to accrue until equipment is returned or full replacement cost is reached.
- Borrowers assume complete financial responsibility for borrowed equipment and will reimburse the University of Calgary for the repair or replacement cost of lost or damaged equipment. Equipment will remain signed out in the borrower’s name until it has been checked to ensure no damage has occurred (no later than one working day after return)
- Library borrowing privileges will be suspended until overdue fines or replacement costs are paid.
How to book and borrow
- Preferably, book in advance by emailing email@example.com. You may also inquire in person at the Doucette Library reference/technology desk.
- All borrowers will be required to sign a loan agreement, accepting full financial responsibility. This agreement will be kept on file until the equipment is returned in good shape, at which time it will be destroyed.